Sunday, June 3, 2007

We Got Him!








After one of the most agonizing flights of our lives, we were hurried to the hotel then wisked to the orphanage to meet Daniel. We felt like walking zombies! Since Friday morning at about 5:30am, Renee and I have only had about 5 minutes sleep here and there on the flight. They usually only give you your adopted child on weekdays and we were told "do not to expect to take him home with you." While we were standing in the lobby getting ready to leave to meet Daniel, we were told that we were actually going to be able to bring him back to the hotel with us. This was a shock, we had to go back to our room to get some more baby care stuff and off we went.

He actually seems to be accepting us into his life better than we expected. He cried a lot when we first met him. He did not really want to have anything to do with Kyle, but reluctantly accepted Renee. Finally after some more crying and Kyle walking him around to point things out, he finally seemed to take to Kyle as well. He is still in shock from being yanked from the orphanage. He will not let you put him down. If you even re-adjust him in your arms, he holds on for dear life. He keeps looking around the room with this scared look on his face, but he is ok, if we hold him really close. He seems to like us rubbing lotion on him. That is about the only thing so far he seemed to like. After a little crying he fell asleep on Kyle's chest.

We are beat. We are going to try to get a little sleep tonight, but I just know that Daniel will wake up in the middle of the night and be scared to death, after he realizes he is not at the orphanage.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! We are so excited for you! Daniel looks so good in your arms. We know he is going to have some rough days adjusting/grieving etc. but it WILL get better!! Congratulations! We will be following and can't wait to see you all in person when you get back to TN.
Love, Bobbi, Josh, Julia, and Thanh

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all three of you! Remember all of the little details. What a fantastic event for all of you!

John Perez

Anonymous said...

Hi Renée! It's your old shuttle bus friend Courtney. God is Merciful, Almight and Good! You look wonderful holding that little buddle of joy! I'm so happy for you both and I just know you and Kyle are going to make amazing parents! Daniel is so blessed to have the both of you! You and your family will be in my constant prayers. Have a safe journey home.
Love,
Courtney

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, it is so good to see DJ in your arms!!!! I can only imagine the overwhelmingness (sp) of it all but it will calm down once you get settled in your home as a family. I can't wait to see all of you! My prayers will be with you! Lisa

Susan said...

I was thrilled to read this post. Doesn't it feel fabulous to finally get to hold your sweet child in your arms? Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you have finally gotten to meet and hold your new son. We have thought about you all week and are glad you got there OK and everything seems to be working out. We can't wait to see Daniel in person!

Love,

Pat B.

Anonymous said...

hey this is kaitlin i wanted to say im so happy for yall and give best wishes to you 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kelsey . . . . .

I cant beleave yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes so cute. I also cant be leave that they just gave him to you just like that. So is he cuter in person becuose he sure is cute in the pictcher!!!!!!!!!

Katie . . . . . . .. . .

hi Im kaitlin and kelsey BFF. Hes so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys. I wish I could have been there.I think if you all every day and pray that you have a safe visit and return home. I know you are cloud 9!!

Sincerely,
Robyn Anderson

ezwn said...

Sounds like things are going great! Looking forward to throwing Danny up in the air myself.

Matt said...

I'm so tickled for ya'll! My eyes actually watered up a bit as I was looking at the pictures. I hope the three of you have a wonderful 2 weeks in Vietnam, and can't wait to meet Daniel when you arrive home.

God bless!