Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Farewell Vietnam

As we prepare to leave tonight, I feel that I would love to stay and see more of this beautiful country. This could be the last time we ever get the chance to come back. But at the same time, I realize the real reason we are here. When Daniel gets older and he wants to come here to visit, we will be coming back to show him his birth country. The people here are really nice. Lots of people come up and ask about Daniel. I am just getting to be comfortable here among the Vietnamese people and I feel just a little sad to be leaving. On the other hand I can't wait to get home and continue our lives together in our home and among family.


This was Daniel's play room at the orphanage and the friends he left behind.


When Daniel looks into something he has the cutest facial expression. It took several minutes and several pictures before I finally captured it.

Farewell Vietnam!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

He's adorable. Have a safe trip!

Matt said...

Well, it's been nearly 3 days since you posted this, so I'm hoping you're either almost home or have already arrived home safely. In any case, I'm sure we'll be talking to ya'll soon! Hope everything is going well and that Lil' D has travelled well. :)

Take care, God bless, and talk to you soon!

Matt